Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

What's On The Cards - May

Here are a couple of events I have seen advertised going on in and around Lincoln in the month of May. I am planning on doing a post like this on the 1st (or as close as I can manage) of every month and it will feature a few events which are in and around Lincoln as well as a couple from further afield which have caught my fancy. I find out about these events through word of mouth and by searching on the Internet.

I like to look up 1940's events here at Friends of the 40s as they have a really great calendar of listings.

Rockabilly gigs are easy to search here at The Complete Rock N Roll UK Gig Guide.

I also regularly check out "East Midlands Vintage World" on facebook to find out about events and what's happening.

But anyway, on with the show!

6th May 2012 - The last showing of "By the Winter Sea" will be on at The Collection in Lincoln and has been showing everyday at 2pm from the 30th April 2012. It's a 15 minute film focusing on a young lady called Ada, a WWII land girl in coastal Lincolnshire. It sounds like a fantastic recreation of one of my most favourite subjects, the Woman's Land Army. For more information have a look see here.



19th May 2012 -  Bizarre Bazaar Vintage Market. This is a vintage and retro modern open air market which will be held monthly at different sites around the city. May's site is the Upper High Street (at the bottom of The Straight I think) and is the second of these markets. I attended the first in April which was a little soggy but there were many treasures and lovely folks to chat to!

26th May 2012 - Vintage Fayre & Mini Market at Kind Bar. A regular fayre held monthly at the Kind Bar which offers a mix of different stalls with in the bar indoors (a real treat on the colder and wetter days!) What's handy too is you can enjoy a glass of something to wet your whistle while you peruse the clothes, cupcakes, jewellery and housewares on offer.

These posts are by no means exhaustive and will obviously only be accurate at the time of posting. While I have gone to every effort to make sure the information is accurate I cannot account for changes of location, date or even cancellations. If you are travelling long distances to attend any of the events I recommend please be sure to check with the venue or organisation before travelling to avoid disappointment.

No comments: