Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

It's Been A While

How are you old chums? It's been a while.

Technical difficulties hound me still and where as before I would get a cheeky post in during work time I am now so busy that I barely have time for a spot of tea! I'm still enjoying work though and have had three very fun/important/busy events going on. The first being the Royal Visit where I got to meet Prince Edward and I shook him firmly by the hand while mumbling something like "hi". My boss texted me after the day was over and thanked me for my hard word and confidence; she said I was everything she knew I could be. I also got many compliments for my dress which was a 1940's reproduction tea dress from the fantastic Electric Gypsy. They really are brillient and I can't wait to have some spare cash so I can buy more dresses. More!

Then two weeks later it was the annual Pelican Trust Summer Outing which this year was to Mablethorpe. I can't deny I was very excited and I like to think the feeling spread to others as I have been told it was the best summer outing for year. I received a lovely thank you card which was handmade by a learner and signed by everyone; they even remembered I love Whitby as they made it with a picture of Whitby Abbey on.

Talking of Whitby I shall be going there straight after I come back from my family holiday to Italy. I'm off up north to my favourite seaside town for the Railway in Wartime weekend. And you guessed it I'll be wearing a dress from Electric Gypsie since I just can't get enough of that shop. I'm pretty nervous for the Wartime Weekend because I've already looked up pictures from previous years and everyone looks so amazing and period accurate. I keep telling myself that I'm just starting out and one day I'll have a fantastic wardrobe full of period pieces too.

Anyway I hope that was enough ramblings for now and I hope to have many more wonderful blog posts for you soon.

Ta raa for now!

No comments: